Monday What are you Reading
This week we are closed at the library before we open next week for Back to School. So I’m getting some work done at home and catching up on my reading.
Just finished

Fans of cozy mysteries, women sleuths, crafts and hobbies, and clever cats will love this small-town whodunit.
Welcome to Wren Hollow, where the Founders’ Fair brings the whole town together for homemade treats, handcrafted treasures, and the much-anticipated quilting showcase. But beneath the warm charm and small-town cheer, old secrets are waiting to be uncovered.
Reading now

My secret workplace romance starts innocently enough at a birthday party.
But when a rowdy partier knocks me into a lake and a sexy stranger comes to my rescue – my night becomes one to remember.
A night so steamy I almost forget why I’ve sworn off men after a failed workplace romance.
Trouble is, the brand new doggy daycare in Darling Springs that I’ve contracted with is owned by none other than my sexy stranger. Thanks, fate.
Sawyer turns out to be a total grump in a tailored suit, no matter how sunshine-y I am. Even when he squeezes that hard body past me as I bring donuts to work. Or when he pretends he’s not roaming his dark eyes over me as I teach Fido to sit, stay and come.
But I’m focusing on my shiny new future—my dog-training business is suddenly the hottest thing in town, thanks to a new actress client. And when I’m roped into a charity dance number, I smell an opportunity, especially when I learn my hot landlord has an alter ego and a fandom.
Turns out Mr. Serious Boss is up for dance lessons.
Then the entire Dirty Dancing experience.
Giving into our chemistry once won’t hurt. Two might be pushing it. By the seventh, it’s undeniable–I’ve got a crush on him too.
This is Chloe and Sawyer’s romance. Tropes include: Workplace romance, oops my one-night-stand is my new co-worker, small town rom com, forbidden romance, grumpy/sunshine, forced proximity, fighting the feelings, quirky side characters, swoony learning-to-dance scenes
On my book list

“Run and don’t look back!”
Those were my mother’s last words to me.
Years have passed since that day.
But her words are forever etched into my heart…
The cottage in the mountains held my most cherished memories.
We spent our days catching fish by the lake.
Picnicking under the shade of ancient oaks.
Foraging in the forest and running through the meadows.
Those days passed by under the haze of a glorious sunset.
But one day, all I loved was taken from me.
My parents, the life I adored. Gone.
Like a nightmare, my life crumbled before my eyes.
FBI agent Aurora Gray has spent most of her life running.
But after relocating to a field office outside of the small town of Briarvale.
Aurora is forced to face the truth of her past.
One filled with immense pain and unbelievable twists.
When a seven-year-old girl goes missing from the lake on the mountain.
And the original investigator of the case is found murdered.
Aurora’s investigation uncovers cold cases that eerily resemble her current file.
Some Fall reads….



Sharing with book friends…




Comments
Post a Comment