Property of Doc: Kings of Anarchy MC: West Texas
Doc
I may have the ‘MD’ initials behind my name, but at the end of the day, my loyalty lies with my brothers in the KOAMC West Texas chapter. For as long as I can remember, I’ve always wanted to be a doctor and help others, but the day I met someone who was down on their luck and I saw how horribly the hospital treated them, I promised to do what I could for this forgotten segment of society—the homeless and transient people, the addicts and alcoholics, those who were temporarily down on their luck. The club, my brothers helped me build a clinic that can do pretty much everything a hospital can with regard to minor surgeries, tests, and other things that are often overlooked because of a person’s circumstances. At first, the clinic was heavily supported by the club, but now, with many grants and also our sliding scale fees, we’re finally in the black. Life is good, no great actually, and I have my forever woman in my sights.
But then, long-time patients who come into the clinic for medication-assisted treatment for their addiction have started disappearing. There’s always a potential for relapse, except those who have vanished are closing in on nine months and all are doing well. As the protection in this community, Rio has decreed that we’re going to look for them and remove the blight on our town, especially since there have been a number of overdoses as well, but when I find out that the woman I’ve been wanting has not been seen?
All bets are off.
Because my oath may be to do no harm, but as a member of the KOAMC? Nobody fucks with us.
The only question is, will Gretchen come with me on the ride of our lives?
*Suitable for ages 18+ due to adult language and situations*
Book Review
This is Doc and Gretchen’s story. Doc is an MD who has a clinic that over sees people who want to kick their addiction. Gretchen is an LPN who works at the clinic but also leads a support group for recovering addicts. Gretchen became addicted to pain meds after an injury that needed several surgeries. She was sent to rehab and recovered. But there are men who abduct people to sell them. To keep them compliant they drug them. Gretchen is taken and after the Kings rescue her and others she has to detox. Doc has been interested in her but her abduction made him realize that waiting for just the right time isn’t important. They get their HEA but have to work for it.

No comments:
Post a Comment