Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Wicked Harvest

 

Wicked Harvest





Crisp autumn breezes, sizzling bratwurst, warm gingerbread cookies... and just a dash of murder.

It's Oktoberfest in Buttercup, Texas, and homesteader Lucy Resnick is taking a break from her chores to enjoy a day of bratwurst, craft beer, and German gingerbread at Sweetwater Brewery. But the day takes a bitter turn when one of the brewery owners turns up dead, crushed by a giant sack of barley.

It doesn't take long for Sheriff Rooster (not the sharpest tool in the garden shed) to finger the victim's brother and co-owner, Simon Gustafson. But former investigative reporter Lucy senses that the blighted plants in her pumpkin patch aren't the only things rotten in Buttercup. Will she find the killer in time?

Or will she be next in line for canning?

Book Review 
I enjoy reading this series so much. I love the characters, they are easy to relate to and easier to love. The storyline holds you engaged the entire time from beginning to end. I love that I am guessing who did it until the very end. I am always excited to start the next book and looking forward to being introduced to new characters and learning more about the regulars. And the cherry on top is getting to test and taste the recipes provided at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Farm and Alarm

  A Farm and Alarm (Clucks and Clues Cozy Mysteries Book 6) The scream of the crop… Harvest time in Honeytree is the sweetest season. Leona ...