Christmas, Actually: An utterly uplifting and heart-warming story of love and hope at Christmas
This isn’t the Christmas that Clara was hoping for. Twenty-four hours ago, she was engaged, a shiny diamond on her wedding finger and a gorgeous husband-to-be by her side. Only now, the ring is gone and so is he. She’s almost given up on Christmas magic completely – until she arrives in Hollythorpe.
Clara waits outside her kindly godmother Eleanor’s red front door, knowing that a warm welcome will help heal her aching heart. Snowflakes are falling gently on her long dark hair when a car sprays her with slush and then, unexpectedly, stops to help. Clara lays eyes on Liam stepping out of his car, six feet of gorgeousness. She realises maybe there could be upsides to a cosy Cotswolds Christmas…
Except Liam is closed off to everyone and Clara knows she should be protecting her heart too, so she tries to put him out of her mind. When the village’s usual Mrs Christmas calls in sick before Hollythorpe’s winter fair, Clara steps into the role to help her godmother. Only, she hasn’t realised who Mr Christmas is… none other than Liam himself.
As the two are thrown together to bring Christmas to Hollythorpe, Liam’s icy exterior starts to thaw. And Clara can’t deny she’s falling for him. But then the past comes back to haunt them, changing everything…
Will Clara and Liam end up lonely this Christmas? Or can the most wonderful time of the year bring them together, actually?
Fans of One Day in December, Philippa Ashley, Sarah Morgan and Jenny Colgan will adore this totally uplifting and page-turning novel of finding that love really is all around.
What readers are saying about Donna Ashcroft:
‘I loved every minute… I laughed out loud so many times!!… All of the Christmas feels and then some. Just adored this!’ Goodreads reviewer, ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
‘Delightful… A joy to read… So hilarious… I couldn’t help but laugh out loud… perfectly sets the stage for the Christmas season… Truly captivating… I loved every aspect of this’ Page Turners, ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I love Donna Ashcroft’s books because she does such an amazing job of making you feel as though you are right there in the story with the characters. Liam and Mia were a wonderful couple, and it was fun watching them both overcome the hurt of past failed relationships and find their way to each other.
As always, Ashcroft included a delightful group of secondary characters who really helped bring the story to life and made me even more invested in the small town and its people.
This one also added a little touch of mystery/drama, which I enjoyed, although I felt those parts were wrapped up a little too easily in a nice neat bow. I was expecting at least a little more confrontation or fallout before everything was resolved.
Overall, this was a beautiful, feel-good Christmas story that I thoroughly enjoyed

No comments:
Post a Comment