Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Hard Lines:

 

Hard Lines: A Grumpy/Sunshine Hockey Romance with a Service Dog (Wildwood Wolves Hockey Book 1)



I train the most aggressive rescue dogs in Montana. But I’ve never met an animal as broken—or as dangerous—as the disgraced hockey captain renting my cabin.


BECK

Three concussions ended my career and turned my mind into a dark war zone. I came to the mountains to hide from the world, not to be domesticated by my landlord or her fiercely defensive German Shepherd. But Hadley has a quiet, rugged calm that acts like an absolute drug to my frayed nervous system. She thinks I’m just a brutal grump who wants to die in isolation. She has no idea. Behind closed doors, my darkness turns into a fierce, protective obsession. I’m a broken captain who finally found his sanctuary, and I am never letting her go.


HADLEY

I know exactly how to handle wild, unmanageable males—the four-legged kind. I don't do pity, and I don't have room for a massive, ruined athlete who rejects the entire world. But when my wildest rescue dog refuses to leave Beck's side, our lives collide in a high-heat, isolated pressure cooker. Beck is a scarred giant who treats the rest of the world like an enemy, but the second he traps me against the stable wall, his rough hands are incredibly gentle. He isn't just a distraction—he's a breathless, high-heat addiction, and my careful boundaries are about to burn.

Book Review
This is book one of the new Wildwood Wolves Hockey series. After several concussions and issues from them, Beck has been sent down to the AHL. When he gets to his rental in his new town, he meets Hadley Quinn. She owns a Second Chance canine organization that trains dogs to help those in need. One of her rescue dogs who has flunked out of all his training. chooses Beck and begins forming a bond with him. This relationship between Apollo and Beck brings Hadley closer to them. This was a really great read and I love seeing them all connect through the way Apollo chose his own people. What an absolutely sweet steamy, tender, love story and an excellent start to this new series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fake it 'Til Fall:

  Fake it 'Til Fall: A Grumpy Sunshine Fake Relationship Fall Romance (Faking the Holidays Book 2) There are things nobody tells you abo...